Weekly assignment- Week 2- Online lesson plan task: Audience- Blog 1
In this post I try to figure out the audience of "Kate Norquay's blog".
Source: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/kate-norquay/what-i-learned-four-years-working-at-mcdonalds_b_8682928.html?utm_hp_ref=tw
Source: https://www.pexels.com/photo/applauding-arms-audience-band-510649/
Source: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/kate-norquay/what-i-learned-four-years-working-at-mcdonalds_b_8682928.html?utm_hp_ref=tw
Source: https://www.pexels.com/photo/applauding-arms-audience-band-510649/
Kate
Norquay’s audience:
If you ask me, this blog needs to be read by everyone
globally as it teaches you to be humble and grow respect towards your job and
other people in general. However, I see that Kate is mainly reaching out to
three audience categories through her blog which are as below:
1. Students
between the age 18-25 who must work part time to meet their college and other
expenses (Reference: From 18-22, I spent four years
working at McDonald’s. I worked a mix of part- and full-time- from the blog)
2. To
her family and friends who feel embarrassed about her job profile as they think
she is better than any other McDonald’s employee [Reference: Encouragement from my friends, “Just don’t show up to work
today!” (Because it’s not a real job.) and “McDonald’s is gross and greasy. But my humiliation, and that of my
friends and my family wasn’t because I made burgers. It was because I was
supposed to be better than that.”- from the blog]
3. To
the people who are judging her silently for working at McDonald’s. (Reference: The
snide remarks, “Do you still work at McDonald’s?” or “I could never work at a place like that.”- from the blog)
Apart from these three categories, there is one more
category which I feel Kate intended to reach out to the most are the people who
are in their 20’s and work in retail or organize files as a receptionist as they
think they are better than the people working at McDonald’s. I’m pretty sure
after reading this blog, these people would’ve changed their perception towards
the McDonald’s employees.
References:
11. If you’re a white girl in your early 20s, you will be ridiculed
for working at McDonald’s – (Paragraph 11- First
line- from the blog)
22. If you think you are better than those people, because you work in
retail or organize files as a receptionist, you are wrong- (Paragraph 18- First
line- from the blog)
--------Thank
you for reading my insights-------
Credit
where its due: Kate Norquay's blog- What I learned from 4 years working at
McDonald's.

Comments
Post a Comment