Weekly assignment- Week 2- Online lesson plan task: Purpose- Blog 2
In this post I will be explaining about the purpose of "Kate Norquay's blog"
Source: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/kate-norquay/what-i-learned-four-years-working-at-mcdonalds_b_8682928.html?utm_hp_ref=tw
Credit where its due: Kate Norquay's blog- What I learned from 4 years working at McDonald's.
Source: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/kate-norquay/what-i-learned-four-years-working-at-mcdonalds_b_8682928.html?utm_hp_ref=tw
Purpose
of this blog:
After reading Kate Norquay’s blog, I feel its purpose
is to ‘Reflect’ what other people think about her job and how they are trying to
degrade her.
As you read the blog, you will observe how people’s opinion
about her Job has an influence on her. She feels she is too good for her Job
for the longest time and thought this Job was beneath her which is a clear
reflection of how people ridiculed her about her Job.
The below lines from her blog are a testament to this
purpose (Reference):
1. Over the years, I saw this stereotype play out in a number of
ways. The faces of my parents friends falling when I told them what I did. The
snide remarks, “Do you still work at McDonald’s?” or “I could never work at a place like that.” Encouragement from my friends, “Just don’t show up to work
today!” (Because it’s not a real job.) [ Paragraph 3-
from the blog]
2. And it played out in my own mind. I was a terrible worker — too
slow, clumsy and resentful of my circumstances. I quietly decided that I was
too good for McDonald’s. I constantly justified myself, “It’s suuuuuch a shit job! But I need money hahaha.” I was a bookish good
student who enjoyed intellectual conversation. I wasn’t meant for this useless
physical labor. [ Paragraph 4- from the blog]
The main purpose of this blog is to change our attitude
towards our Jobs and feeling proud at what we are doing despite the nay-Sayers
constantly trying to bring us down.
-----Thank
you for reading my insights-----
Credit where its due: Kate Norquay's blog- What I learned from 4 years working at McDonald's.

Comments
Post a Comment