Transfer Assignment- Blog to new students- Infographic
Behind
the scenes: Infographic- Blog to new students
Communicating the Blog in
a different format: At first, I thought it
would be difficult presenting my blog which
was just a plain write up into a Infographic as
I had never created a Infographic before. However,
with the professor's help and the resources available on Seneca Library
regarding this format, I was able to complete my Infographic.
After going through a few templates on Canva, I came across the below attached
template and streamlined my ideas accordingly. I picked up the five most
important topics from my blog which I think would be of
interest to the new students and arranged them accordingly with pictures
relevant to those topics. The topics included in my Infographic are First day experience,
Orientation, Conversing with new students, Assignments and S.M.I.LE which I
feel is a starter pack for all the new students and I made sure not to fill too
much information in any of the above mentioned topics, just a few insights for
a new student to make an easy transition to the college life.
Challenges while making this Infographic: First and Foremost challenge while working on this assignment was
to select the right template which would encapsulate the ideas which I had in
my mind in one frame and is free of cost at the same time. It took me a while
to find the right template. After finding the right template, the next
challenge was to decide which topic goes where and how much content does each
topic need to have and what should be the picture and font size for all the
topics. The alignment of the font and the pictures in all the sections was
not easy, So I had to play around with the font and scaling of the pictures a
bit till I got the right size for both thereby making the Infographic look a bit appealing.
Working on this format was fun and I can see myself doing my future
presentations in this format and get better at it with time.
Blog to New Students- Infographic _2_.png

Comments
Post a Comment